Medical Records Scanning Services
Smooth Solutions’ medical records scanning service helps medical professionals access and manage patient information much more easily than with paper charts. As technology improves and pressures for HIPAA compliance increase, there is a growing need to digitize and back up patient records electronically. While scanning small amounts of records going forward may be no problem to handle in-house, digitizing and indexing large volumes of active and inactive patient charts can be a nightmare to take on yourself. After all, you and your staff have more important things to do besides scanning medical records – like treating patients!
We specialize in the digitization of patient charts and other medical records. Our implementation team is trained to format all converted data for a seamless integration with Electronic Medical Records Systems (EMR) and Electronic Health Records Systems (EHR) of any type. Smooth Solutions has converted millions patients charts to electronic medical records for private practices, hospitals and clinics over the past 25 years and counting.
Our highly secure, HIPAA compliant medical records scanning facility is located in Lodi, NJ, just outside of New York City. We realize that medical records are highly confidential and active patient charts need to be present for the day to day operations of your office. That’s why we also offer on-site scanning solutions. Just give us some office space and we’ll setup a high-speed scanning environment right at your location!
Digitize Medical Records with Smooth Solutions
We utilize a variety of state-of-the-art scanners in order to digitize medical records containing any type of document. We have an army of high-speed sheet-fed scanners, photo scanners, x-ray scanners, film scanners, wide-format and flatbed scanners to complete the job. Our Dual-Stream Scanning capabilities offer significant benefits when dealing with multi-color forms, interspersed photos, EKGs, admission forms and lab results. This technology allows for the simultaneous capture of images in black and white and color.
Electronic medical records are organized and formatted digitally to match their paper originals so they can be searched and accessed with ease. Not only can you search for specific patients by name, date of birth, ID number, etc., but each patient chart can be further organized by the type of document in their chart, dates of visits, tests or any other criteria that makes sense for your office. We can also process the electronic medical records to bookmarked and OCR fully searchable PDF files.
Imagine having immediate, digital access to all of your patient chart files from a device you can hold in your hands. Shelves upon shelves of paper medical records can be eliminated, stored digitally and made easily accessible.
Benefits of Medical Record Scanning:
- Significantly reduce time spent looking for documents
- Improved customer service and efficiency
- More attention toward patient care and treatment
- Reduce costs and increase productivity
- Get more out of your EMR or EHR Systems
- Eliminate bulky cabinets for more profitable use of space
- Reduce office clutter and become more organized
- Back up plan for disaster recovery or loss of medical charts
- Compliance with HIPAA and HITECH legislation
- Peace of mind that essential data is protected & compliant
HIPAA Compliant Medical Records Scanning
Our facility is equipped with fire & burglar alarms, locked doors & tracked key card only access. 24/7 video surveillance ensures that only authorized personnel have access to confidential client information. Our employees are trained in HIPAA compliance and specialize in capturing the highest quality digital images of your medical records and charts.
All documents containing a patient name plus another one of the many potential identifiers such as social security number, date of birth or phone number is protected via HIPAA. Our entire staff is bonded and bound by blanket non-disclosure agreements. We understand how important it is to keep all confidential information private.
Our Medical Records Scanning Process
Throughout our company’s 25 year history we continuously improve and perfect our scanning process to ensure we offer the best solutions for our clients. Below is the outline of our methodologies:
- Document Preparation for Sending: Our team will work with your staff to coordinate the boxing up of your patient charts. One of our licensed and bonded drivers will pick up your boxes for safe transport to our facility.
- Receipt of Documents: Once your records arrive at our facility, all items are inventoried and labelled. Each box bar-coded and entered into our proprietary production system. This way they can be tracked throughout our entire scanning process.
- Preparation for Scanning Medical Records: To prepare documents for scanning we remove all staples, paper clips, and any other fasteners. We also secure ripped or torn pages. Intelligent bar-coded separator sheets are inserted between document types and medical charts.
- Document Scanning: We use a variety of high end scanners to ensure all medical records are scanned and converted into the clearest possible digital images.
- Quality Review: After scanning is complete, we review each and every image for clarity and readability. Poor quality images are flagged and re-scanned to meet our standards.
- Record Indexing: After scanning we will index your files by patient name, ID number, date of birth, and other important information that can be used to retrieve patient data.
- Integration: We will format and upload digitized patient charts for integration with your Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record Systems (EHR).
REQUEST A QUOTE
Why us ?
High quality document
scanning services of any format
No job too
big or small.